To whom it may concern,
In 2006, HomeEditions completed an extensive three storey addition and renovation of our 1930’s home, basically doubling the size of our home including the installation of a new kitchen and two new bathrooms. This was our first experience renovating our home, and after watching hours of HGTV, leafing through pages of Home décor magazines, and talking with friends and neighbours, we were convinced that our project would not go smoothly, and would ultimately take longer than expected and go over budget! We were told that to get great work, we would have to accept that dealing with contractors would be challenging and that it would take more time and money. Thanks to Dennis and the team at
HomeEditions, none of this happened. Not only did the resulting renovation exceed our expectations, the process was smooth and seamless, and we finished exactly on time and on budget.
Obviously the quality of a contractor/builder’s work is extremely important; however to me this is a basic expectation. What impressed us, and what I think truly sets HomeEditions apart were how easy they were to deal with and how well they managed us. The service they provided was exceptional.
- They listened and understand our needs extremely well, resulting in us approving the second draft of plans presented.
- Throughout the project Dennis keep us updated and was incredibly responsive responding to our calls and emails immediately. When the odd problem occurred, Dennis simply took care of it. For example, the kitchen designer, Classic Kitchens, noticed the window was an inch off. She talked Dennis and it was fixed before we got home for dinner that night.
- He let us know in advance what decisions we would need to make and when so we never felt overwhelmed.
- The sub-trades he used did excellent work, and where always professional and polite; they would knock before entering, explain why they were there and what they would be doing.
- We were never “nickel and dime” on the small stuff. In a project as big as the one we undertook, little things will come up that were not in the original plan, but were the right thing to do to ensure the best results (i.e. new molding in the old part of house to match the new addition, redo floors to match, more pot lights than originally planned, etc.). In these cases, HomeEditions just did what needed to be done. They were obviously smart enough to budget the project properly, so they/we didn’t need to renegotiate every time a little issue came up.
- They continue to provide service after the job is done. Even a year after paying our final invoice, if there were small things that needed to be fixed (i.e. a loose door knob, a door that shifted, etc.) HomeEditions sent someone over to fix it right away.
People that come to our home rave about our renovation, and I rave about HomeEditions!
Leslie Carter & John Skain